Monday, June 27, 2011

Swimsuits and LONG work weeks....

Friday I decided to see if I could find a swimsuit and a cover up that will fit me right now. Originally I was not even going to try because lets face it...trying on a swimsuit is traumatic...so actually wearing one will be much worse and I was not planning on any outings that would involve one this summer.  BUT now I'm going to be having some fun at a water park with some of the kiddos and I need to participate. I went during my lunch break and found a suit in a 22/24 instead of my usual 26/28 and I also found some swim shorts to wear over it to cover up more!! I brought them home to try on and...to my surprise...they fit! And they don't look too bad! Mostly I'm shocked that I feel comfortable wearing them! Now that really boosted my morale!

Then on Saturday I really started to feel the work week weighing me down. Sunday was day 7 and I was just feeling awful. I know its giving too much information..but I've hit that time of the month and I am feeling bloated and my ankles are swelling for the first time in a long time and I just want to eat ...!!! I couldn't bring myself to go to the gym.

Today, Monday...I left work an hour and a half early and came home to rest. I am going to get back to the gym tomorrow and get back on track because it feels so good when I am eating right and exersizing. I saw an old friend this weekend whom I havent seen in ages...she said I looked like I've lost weight and I hugged her tight and thanked her.

I CAN do this and I WILL do this and I will NOT give up!! Thankfully the long work week is behind me. I am off on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday,Sunday and Monday!! I plan on not wasting those days off. I will do something fun and something healthy for me to get me further on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a smaller-sized swimsuit!! And you're right, you CAN do this girl!

    ReplyDelete